Just a few little things you should know about Fuck Yeah Mercury tumblr. These are just some answers to questions we often get:
- This blog was created and launched on August 26th 2010 by Jaggury.
- This blog is unofficial and fan-made and currently run by 2 admins (jaggury and mannequinfemme)
- We currently have over 11,000 followers
- We do not do promos but we will reblog from other sources if we think the picture/gif will add to the blog, has not recently been published and/or is relatively rare and has not been seen by the general public. We also sometimes repeat our old posts.
- Unfortunately, we can’t follow you back because this is a tumblelog, not a main blog.
- Our tumblr icon can be seen here. It is an edited picture of a Queen picture taken by Mick Rock in 1974 (Queen II sessions).
- We do not own any of these photos. If we have posted something that belongs to you and haven’t given you credit, please let us know and we will credit you. We will only give you credit if you actually took the photo. Remember, poorly editing a photo taken by someone else on Photoshop does NOT make it yours, and rather just makes the picture look worse than it did before.
- We do accept submissions but make sure that the pictures are at least 500px wide, good quality and not posted yet (to avoid spam).
- If you have any questions about Freddie/Queen related stuff, make sure you ask without being anonymous so we can answer privately because we do not publish answers (to avoid spam). You may also contact me here, there is a very good chance I can answer any of your questions.
- We are not interested in giving our opinions on post-Freddie related things (for example Adam Lambert/Marc Martel/Paul Rodgers/Sacha Baron Cohen/etc.) This is a Freddie Mercury blog, not a “Queen+” blog.
- We are in no way involved with the current Queen fandom on Tumblr. Although you will find some knowledgeable, lovely Queen fans on here, the majority of the fandom is filled with sexually frustrated 14 year olds who continuously comment on the physical appearance of the band members. We don’t have a problem with this, we just don’t want anything to do with it.
- We do read all of your lovely messages and appreciate every single one of them. Thank you for being such an amazing crowd! Remember, you are the ones who are keeping this blog alive.